Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA822802
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Are you committed to achieving excellence and leading a dynamic student services team?
Aveley Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and capable Program Coordinator – Student Services, to join our leadership group. The College is organised into two sub-schools (middle and senior). The Program Coordinator – Student Services will be a key leader within their sub-school. The successful applicant should ideally display capacity to support student achievement through a positive learning framework and approach.
As a school leader you will provide education leadership across the school by promoting the school vision and moral purpose “success for every student, every day”. You will ideally manage and deliver relevant programs and initiatives to support staff and students and enhance learning conditions and positive school culture. You will also ideally be a key member of the school leadership team, working towards the deliverables within the school plan and strategic directions document.
The successful applicant will ideally lead student services processes with a restorative approach. The role oversees relevant student services activities, interventions, and workflow. A main component of the role also includes data analysis and tracking skills to support key initiatives and work streams.
Your leadership will be supported by the capacity to build positive relationships with staff, as you collaboratively lead holistic support services across the school. The successful applicant will desirably have highly efficient communication and interpersonal skills. You will ideally be highly collaborative, able to nurture and build a team and professional learning culture.
About the School
Aveley SC opened in 2018 with Year 7 and now offers a full range of classes from 7-12. Committed to excellence, the College has established a progressive and future-focused approach to meeting student needs. The curriculum is engaging and heavily incorporates technology, with support for STEM and the Arts. The College has implemented Explicit Direct Instruction as its signature pedagogy, providing professional development to staff to ensure proficiency in planning and lesson delivery. Aveley SC's collaborative approach to pedagogy has been recognized as best practice.
In order to develop the whole child, the College has a positive behaviour framework that promotes academic skills, social and emotional intelligence, community engagement, and global citizenship. It also offers a range of Academy courses for students as extra curricula options. The College has state-of-the-art facilities, including spacious classrooms, Science labs, a commercial kitchen, Sports Hall, playing courts, an Arts complex, and a dedicated Education Support Hub.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley Secondary College can be found by visiting aveleysc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
For Years 7-9, please contact Rachael Ball, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 6296 1000 or emailing Rachael.Ball@education.wa.edu.au
For Years 10-12, please contact Brigid Lovelock, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 6296 1000 or emailing Brigid.Lovelock@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.