Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS823096
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Halls Head Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and team orientated School Officer to join our team.
Halls Head PS is an Independent Public School catering for approximately 400 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Careful thought and planning has contributed to our school as an outstanding place of learning with excellent facilities and beautiful surrounds. The 2022 – 2025 Halls Head PS Business Plan leads the direction of our school. Together, we promote a welcoming environment for all and have a proud tradition of excellence including developing positive relationships with our school community.
Applicants should display an understanding of the Halls Head Primary School context and have well developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to build effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
We seek team players who are flexible, can work collaboratively in building a highly effective team culture and are committed to building their professional capacity through continual learning. In this role you will undertake general reception duties and provide support to the Manager Corporate Services (MCS) in the completion of their tasks.
As our School Officer, you will also perform tasks in relation to financial planning and budgeting; creating and preparing school materials for publication, and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, parents, students and external stakeholders. Proficiency in operating the student database (Integris), payroll processing as well as experience with RM Finance and Billing will be well regarded.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be able to work well under pressure, with the ability to multitask, whilst maintaining high accuracy, attention to detail and the capacity to work well in a team. You should be approachable when dealing with students and parents as well as organised and able to use a range of ICT (Information Communication Technology) systems.
The successful applicant should be professional and positive, ideally with well developed communication skills and a strong customer service focus. Ideally, you will exhibit a focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support service delivery. The School Officer should possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head Primary School can be found by visiting www.hallsheadps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Marg Pantall, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0438 008 331 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 12.00pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.