Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS823430
South Perth Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2024
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude with a growth mindset to work within a fast paced and team environment.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties including assisting with student enrolments; preparing notices and correspondence; newsletter preparation; entering student enrolment data and maintaining student attendance records; maintaining staff and relief staff records; and generating routine reports from the school databases.
South Perth PS is an Independent Public School. The school focuses on the development of the whole child with quality education programs that provide students with opportunities to optimise their academic, social, emotional, creative and physical skills. Our Vision is to inspire young minds to create and pursue possibilities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Perth Primary School please visit southperthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Leonie Bell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9224 9850 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for twowork related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 June 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.