Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS818459
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Churchlands Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic Purchasing Officer to join their team.
As the Purchasing Office you will conduct purchasing in line with Department policies and procedures, research and source goods and services and maintain contractual obligations. The purchasing officer also administers financial processes including monitoring corporate credit card expenditure, account coding, reconciliations and GST code and provides Cost Centre Mangers with periodical financial reports.
Experience in Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Asset Management and Finance, would assist the applicant in this role. Familiarity with RM Finance, whilst not essential would be highly desirable.
Churchlands SHS has an established reputation as a school where all students Aim High to achieve excellence in their academic, sporting and cultural endeavours. The school provides an ordered, safe and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships among students and staff. The Churchlands community supports the tradition of wearing our school uniform with pride, reflecting a shared commitment to excellence in all aspects of school life. The School’s values focus on personal, social and environmental responsibility.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial processes and procedures.
- Sound planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Sound ability to use a range of computer applications including databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Churchlands SHS can be found by visiting churchlands.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Arlene Thomas, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9446 8200 or emailing Arlene.Thomas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.