Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS820536
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2023
Harmony Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic dedicated and reliable Cleaner in Charge (CIC) to lead our afternoon cleaning team.
The CIC is responsible for the management of cleaning resources, timetabling of rosters, vacation cleaning procedures, maintenance of cleaning equipment, and the cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You should have pride in your work, as a member of the team keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to learn and enjoy.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team with responsibility for locking and unlocking the school at each end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. They will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book.
As a team leader, the successful applicant should have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious, reliable worker having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. Understanding the Education Department policies and procedures would be beneficial.
Harmony PS currently has 512 enrolments, is an Independent Public School and in partnership with their School Board will continue to build a team of teachers and support staff who are committed to professional excellence in education.
Harmony PS is an environmentally friendly school and the school community is committed to pursuing best practice in this area. The school offers excellent facilities, strong community support and a vibrant learning community. People with high levels of skill, enthusiasm and energy are likely to find this great place to work.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Harmony Primary School can be found by visiting harmonyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Tanya Hicks, Panel Administrator, by telephoning (08) 6174 6600 or emailing Tanya.Hicks@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the work related requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.00pm (WST) on Friday, 9 June 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.