Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA824003
This is an eight (8) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension
Teachers and School Administrators employed at Norseman District High School in 2023 are eligible to receive an Attraction and Retention Incentive of $10,000 (pa, gross – to be adjusted pro rata for FTE and tenure). Eligible staff will receive a percentage of this payment on commencement at the school, with the remainder paid at the end of the school year. Staff must remain employed in the location until the end of the school year to be eligible to receive the second payment.
The ARI payment is in addition to other incentives that may apply in this school.
Norseman District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated, organised Program Coordinator - Student Services to join their friendly team. Aspirational school leaders are encouraged to apply.
As the Program Coordinator – Student Services, you will work collaboratively with all members of the school leadership team under direction of the Principal, and subsequently work side-by-side with the Students At Educational Risk (SAER) Deputy Principal to provide effective leadership and coordination of processes in the school including practical and strategic responses to matters concerning student social-emotional wellbeing and mental health as well as those concerned with student behaviour, participation, attendance and engagement.
You would have a leading role in the case management of our students considered at educational risk and alongside this, be responsible for the development of varying documented plans to support students at education risk as well as those with diagnosed or imputed disabilities. Having understanding and experience in the areas of Educational Support and Learning Support is highly desirable. There is an associated responsibility to establish and manage administrative and operational systems within student support, in order to ensure the effective operation of your portfolio within the school, in accordance with Department policy and guidelines. Highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents, external stakeholders, and the community is highly advantageous to this role.
The successful applicant should be motivated by the unique leadership opportunity to help establish new processes and opportunities in a K to 12 environment. You will be a vital member of the school’s leadership team and hold an overall area of responsibility throughout the K to 12 context. This position will also have a teaching load of up to 0.6FTE, this teaching load and area of teaching will be determined through the applicants skill-set and area of training, as well as through consultation and direction from the school Principal. Both Primary and Secondary trained teachers are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant, will ideally have effective leadership qualities and prior experience in building the capacity of others through strategically lead evidence-based practices and through this be able to inspire others, and build and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents and staff.
A positive learning community developing and growing together. That's our way at Norseman.
Norseman DHS is a Level 4 District High School catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our school is unique in that we have a population of children from interstate, other parts of WA and the 'Norseman Locals' creating an environment that is rich in diversity and opportunities to learn from each other. The traditional owners the Ngadju people have a broad understanding of the land, a passionate culture and are wonderful supporters of the school.
- attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $10,210 a year
- locality allowance of $1,091 a year
- Attraction and Retention Incentive of $10,000
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- free relocation
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Norseman District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Blake O'Halloran, Principal by telephoning (08) 9083 9000 emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 15 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.