Pool Ref 001
Level 6/7 PSCSAA $107,096 - $132,904 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to be Australia’s leading provider of sport and entertainment venues and precincts. We take pride in owning and/or operating 14 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only the world class Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
About the Role
There are a number of exciting strategic projects on the agenda for VenuesWest in 2023/24. We are seeking highly motivated and capable Project staff to work on the progression of these projects including:
- Facilitation of the the Strategic Asset Investment Plan (SAIP) which informs the organisation’s strategic investment over a 10 year period; development of key enabling strategies and funding submissions; and annual review of the Plan including strategic asset analysis as to long term fit of facilities within the portfolio and participation in whole of sports and entertainment sector initiatives such as the State Sporting Infrastructure Plan.
- Support of the passage of the Sports and Entertainment Trust Bill through parliament and development and execution of a Transition Plan to support the change once the Bill is passed including the development of accompanying regulations.
- Facilitation of a review of our business activities and delivery of clear recommendations to our Executive Team
- Other strategic projects and required
We currently have two positions available to commence as soon as possible, both are full time, fixed term to 30 June 2024 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency:
- Senior Project Manager – Level 7 PSCSAA $124,347 - $132,094 per annum
- Project Manager – Level 6 PSCSAA $107,096 - $118,028 per annum
This recruitment process will be utilized to create a pool of suitable candidates to fill these and other upcoming project positions throughout the next 12 months. Candidates will be requested to confirm which roles they are applying for as part of the recruitment process.
Whilst the positions will be based at HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- 10.5% superannuation on top of salary, increasing to 12% by 1 July 2025
- Access to salary packaging arrangements
- A fantastic social club and culture program with lots of activities
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- Free on-site parking
- Sponsorship for participation in community, sporting and charity events
About the Person
To be successful in these roles, you will have demonstrated project management experience with the capacity to manage and deliver projects and implement strategies including skills in research and analysis, policy development, resource planning and change management.
Understanding of the operations of entertainment and/or sporting facilities would be highly desirable.
Details of the exact responsibilities and requirements are contained in the attached job descriptions.
For any further job-related information please contact Janis Carren, Director Strategy and Partnerships – Janis.Carren@venueswest.wa.gov.au
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must provide:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the essential capabilities of the position(s) that you are applying for (refer to the attached job descriptions – note that candidates applying for both roles need only address the capabilities of the higher level role)
- Evidence of your right to work in Australia – Australian Birth Certificate; Australian Citizenship Certificate; or passport
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce.
People with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
Applicants who are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, may be considered for subsequent vacancies for 12 months in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner’s Instructions No.2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
- application guide - permanent fixed term positions - 2018 05.pdf
- fact sheet - equal opportunity act section 51.pdf
- job description - project manager - level 6.docx
- job description - senior project manager - level 7.docx
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Fixed Term - Full Time
2023-06-08 5:00 PM