Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE822827
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing July 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
We are seeking a Labour Relations Officer to join the Employee Relations Branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As a Labour Relations Officer you will work with the Labour Relations performance management team to assist principals and line managers with a range of industrial relations and performance management matters, You may also assist the team to deliver performance management training to principals and line managers across the Department.
The Labour Relations Branch operates in a complex industrial environment and is responsible for providing strategic and operational industrial relations advice, support and information to principals and line managers.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of, and ability to, interpret and explain awards, agreements, industrial legislation and policies.
- Sound research and analytical skills with an ability to provide innovative thinking in problem solving.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and constructively in a team environment.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Brodie Wray, Labour Relations Advisor, by telephoning (08) 9264 4414 (Tuesday to Friday) or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 June 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.