Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS823908
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing end of Term 2, 2023
Collie Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Assistant Gardener – Handyperson to join their team.
About the Role
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy maintaining the grounds, gardens and facilities for the benefit of our staff, students and school community.
The Assistant Gardener - Handyperson will provide gardening, grounds and facility management support to ensure a safe and clean school environment. Under the guidance of the Head Gardener – Handyperson, they will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management.
The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Assistant Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Our school is committed to maintaining a culture which focuses on student's honesty, respect, commitment and aspirations. We take an approach that is inclusive, explicit and supports all students in achieving academic, social and emotional success.
We enjoy a positive reputation, both for the excellent educational opportunities we offer and for our high standards of achievement. Students are encouraged to achieve personal excellence in all aspects of the curriculum and to interact with each other and the wider community in a positive, constructive, and socially responsible manner. At Collie Senior High School, our moral purpose is to provide opportunities for all students to develop skills, knowledge, and resilience, through high quality teaching, to pursue pathways of their choice.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Collie Senior High School please visit www.collieshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Stacey Henderson, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Collie by telephoning (08) 9735 1200 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) to three (3) page cover letter addressing t he Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school front office at Collie Senior High School, 76 Wittenoom Street, Colliebefore the closing date and time.
The application form for hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 June 2023.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.