Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS822437
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Do you possess excellent communication and organisational skills and are you looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Yanchep Lagoon Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a friendly and organised Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their administrative team.
Modelling your exemplary leadership, professionalism, and commitment to exceptional customer service will be important to this role. The successful candidate will ideally display high ethical values, integrity, and confidentiality. The candidate will possess a warm and friendly nature, be solutions-focused and have the ability to multi-task. Yanchep Lagoon PS has had a period of rapid change and is focussed on an improvement journey, and as such, is seeking an MCS who is process-driven and will partner with the leadership team to achieve the best possible outcomes for the school.
Ideally the successful applicant will have strong financial skills who can support the financial literacy across the school. Sound interpersonal and conflict resolution skills will be highly regarded. This role is suited to an applicant who is able to bring people together and display kindness and a happy disposition.
As the MCS you will work closely with the principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical, and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. To be successful in this role, you need to ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives.
You will work as part of our school leadership team, particularly relating to targeted use of resources and workforce planning. The successful applicant should have excellent organisational and communication skills and will ideally have history of working effectively as part of a collaborative team.
We have a very experienced and expert staff, many of whom live within the Yanchep community and surrounding areas. All staff work diligently to provide an exceptional, well-rounded education for all students. We offer a broad curriculum which includes specialists in Science, Indonesian, Physical Education and Music. We also have a literacy coordinator, mental health and well-being coordinator and a school chaplain.
Yanchep Lagoon PS’s redevelopment, from the former Yanchep District High School, now boasts new buildings and facilities. The community is proud of the school’s history and the families who have a deep connection to the school. We have retained many of our beautiful large trees which give a great ambience to the school. A magnificent aviary has been built as part of the rejuvenation, housing many birds which have been an integral part of our school for many years.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Lagoon Primary School can be found by visiting yanchep.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Biemmi, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9562 8200 or emailing Paul.Biemmi@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.