Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS823101
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2023 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Halls Head Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their team. We seek team players who are ideally flexible, able to collaborate in building a highly effective team culture and are committed to building their professional capacity through continual learning.
Halls Head PS is an Independent Public School, catering for approximately 400 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Careful thought and planning has contributed to our school as an outstanding place of learning with excellent facilities and beautiful surrounds. The 2022 – 2025 Halls Head PS Business Plan leads the direction of our school. Together, we promote a welcoming environment for all and have a proud tradition of excellence including developing positive relationships with our school community. The successful applicant should possess an understanding of the Halls Head PS context and strong interpersonal skills, in order to build effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
The MCS is responsible for the leadership of the School Support Staff team and the management of day to day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations. In partnership with the Principal and the Executive Management Team, you will provide operational input to the development of school Business, Operational and Marketing Plans and monitor the school’s financial performance against the plans. You will also oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with the leadership team to recruit, supervise, and manage support staff.
As the manager of the front office the MCS should ensure the reception is welcoming to parents, staff, students, and the community. The successful applicant should have well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including familiarity of ICT (Information Communication Technology), and the ability to use effective negotiation and leadership skills. They should have experience and knowledge of customer service principles and practices and well developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head Primary School can be found by visiting www.hallsheadps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Marg Pantall, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 0438 008 331 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 12:00pm (WST) on Friday, 2 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.