Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP824769
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Kalbarri District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a Primary Deputy Principal who is a highly effective leader with outstanding interpersonal skills. They will be ready to build upon their proven skills and abilities to take them to the next level.
The successful applicant will ideally be a highly motivated, dedicated, hardworking and committed professional focused on leading whole school improvement. They will understand what it takes to see vision, planning and programs implemented with highly successful outcomes. The Primary Deputy will work in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team to provide strong educational leadership in the school and community by promoting school values and priorities. They will develop leadership capacity in others and support the growth of instructional leadership across the school.
A significant responsibility of the Deputy Principal is to embed and maintain aspects of the school culture that promote positive relationships between students and staff, engaging parents, and caregivers, in addition to the wider community in the educational work of the school. Suitable applicants will support and build the capacity of their staff through coaching and mentoring processes, lead the thorough analysis of student and whole school performance data, and support the planning of targeted differentiation to drive student progress and achievement.
The successful applicant would ideally possess a good knowledge of best practice in early childhood education with strengths in the development of whole school curriculum. The ability to work with and understand teenagers, as well as interest and skills in the natural environment, would be an advantage at Kalbarri DHS.
Your application will benefit by demonstrating knowledge and ability in STEAM and Digital Technology as we continue to implement changes in this area. The applicant will ideally possess ICT skills and knowledge to enable the maintenance of equipment and resources within the school while promoting innovative use of ICT in the classroom. There is an expected teaching component in this role.
The applicant will ideally have the ability to manage students at risk and experience with student services. As a Positive Behaviour School, staff and student well-being is a priority. This role requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a collaborative learning community.
Kalbarri DHS is sited in the picturesque tourist town of Kalbarri. We are surrounded by a National Park and the township is located at the mouth of the Murchison River. The permanent population of the town is around 1500, with the population rising to 10,000 during the “tourist season”. The community is reliant on tourism, service industries and the fishing industry. As a District High School, we have students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and as a leader in our school you will have opportunities for interaction with students at all age levels. With a friendly and caring atmosphere, along with an enthusiastic P&C and School Council all contribute to a comprehensive and individual education for all children.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalbarri District High School can be found by visiting kalbarridhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Stuart Teasdale, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in [location], by telephoning (08) 9936 4800 or emailing Stuart.Teasdale2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.