Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS823687
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2023
Hillcrest Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated School Officer to join their friendly team. Days of work are required to be Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The successful applicant should ideally have an understanding of how to apply customer service principles and practices, possess good communication and clerical skills, and be a supportive, capable team member. The successful applicant will ideally have sound organisational skills and the flexibility to adapt to new roles and responsibilities to suit the growing business needs of the school.
You will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use good interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community, and teaching staff. In addition, you should support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages - particularly databases and word processing.
Responsibilities of the School Officer may include student attendance, undertaking reception duties, meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, and maintaining school databases including records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to date. Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), RM Billing, RM Finance, Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS), Microsoft Office, 365 and Google would be desirable.
As our School Officer, your duties may include assisting the Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school and collaborating with all staff on daily operations with a high level of integrity and confidentiality. You should also possess a positive approach to the role and ability to learn new skills and processes when needed.
Hillcrest PS, together with the wider community, creates a positive learning environment where diversity is celebrated, excellence is encouraged and all children strive to reach their academic, social, physical and creative potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hillcrest Primary School can be found by visiting hillcrestps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tania Hill, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9238 1000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.