Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS824514
Carnaby Rise Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2024.
The suitable applicants will ideally contribute to a positive team environment and enjoy the challenges of working in a busy school office. They should display attention to detail and be able to meet deadlines. We are looking for applicants who are willing to make a difference, be flexible and solution focused, and be able to contribute to innovative and collaborative solutions to business requirements. In addition, strong organisational skills and customer service practices would be highly regarded.
This role will require strong Information Technology skills using a wide range of effective administration and customer support services. They will ideally provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, completing administrative duties such as preparing publications and correspondence which require Microsoft (MS) Office knowledge with processing and data software skills. Other responsibilities will include reception duties such as meeting and greeting students and visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
As a School Officer, you will ideally also be responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. Duties include providing assistance to the executive team in administering the human, financial and physical resources of the school. They ensure school databases, records and management information systems are accurate, up-to-date and routinely maintained. A knowledge of Student Information System (SIS), RM Finance, Reporting to Parents, RM Billing would be desirable.
Carnaby Rise PS was one of the first WA Schools Public Private Partnership (PPP) designed, built, financed and maintained by project company EduWest. The school is an Independent Public School and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 with around 700 students. Carnaby Rise PS has state-of-the-art facilities and resources to cater for teaching and learning in the 21st century.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnaby Rise Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Moya Gibson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6401 8100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.