Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE822020
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Registration Advisor.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
Registration Advisors manage a caseload of applications for teacher registration which require the assessment of a range of elements, including professional learning, professional engagement, qualifications and professional standards. The suitable applicant will provide advice and information on a range of issues relating to teacher registration and regulation, particularly complex overseas qualification assessments and accurately communicate decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
The suitable applicant will maintain a working knowledge of relevant policies and procedures and interpret, apply and comply with relevant legislation and policies, whilst researching and analysing a range of compliance issues including overseas qualifications and possible document fraud, drawing on information from a range of sources to make evidence-based decisions and formal recommendations to the Director and Board on a range of assessments and complex applications.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience and skills in the delivery of regulation and/or compliance activities and ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy or regulatory frameworks in an education environment.
- Demonstrated research skills on areas of compliance with the ability to draw information rom a range of sources to make evidence-based recommendations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and balance a customer service focused approach with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to review and improve workflow processes, prioritise the work of others and develop and implement systems to manage a demanding case load within established timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and within a team; and experience supporting, mentoring and training others to develop their skills and performance.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Serina Tan, Senior Registration Officer by telephoning (08) 9223 9115 or emailing Serina.Tan@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 June 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.