Level 6 PSCSAA $107,096 - $118,028 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
This role is responsible for business development, stakeholder management and sales across VenuesWest self-managed and co-managed venues, including naming rights for HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena and Bendat Basketball Centre. As well as managing the VenuesWest sponsorship portfolio this role will support the commercial branch to implement the Commercial Operational Strategy by facilitating continuous improvement and maximising revenue potential for VenuesWest
This is a full time, permanent opportunity. Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- 10.5% superannuation on top of salary, increasing to 12% by 1 July 2025
- Access to salary packaging arrangements
- A fantastic social club and culture program with lots of activities
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- Free on-site parking
- Sponsorship for participation in community, sporting and charity events
About the Person
The successful candidate will have experience in successfully cultivating and maintaining relationships with industry stakeholders, suppliers and content providers to promote and sell products and/or services and ensure successful business outcomes. They will have skills in fostering good working relationships with community groups, sporting bodies and associations and a demonstrated strong acumen in identifying, securing and nurturing partnership and sponsorship opportunities. Experience in management of health and fitness services will be highly regarded.
For any further job-related information please contact Doug Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must submit a:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the following essential capability in the context of this position:
- Experience in successfully cultivating and maintaining relationships with industry stakeholders, suppliers and content providers to promote and sell products and/or services and ensure successful business outcomes.
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce.
People with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
Applicants who are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, may be considered for subsequent vacancies for 12 months in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner’s Instructions No.2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
- jdf - vm - commercial - partnerships manager - 02103 - 2023 05.pdf
- recruitment - application guide - permanent fixed term positions - 2018 05.pdf
- workforce plan - policy - recruitment - fact sheet - equal opportunity act section 51 - 2019 07.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2023-05-28 5:00 PM