Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE817379
Previous applicants from Pool Ref DOE735274 need not apply
Payroll Services is seeking to establish an open recruitment pool of Payroll Officers for fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise up until the end of May 2024.
Applicants can submit an application at any time between now and 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024. Assessment will occur three times during this timeframe. Dates of assessment are listed below.
Please refer to the below Application and Selection Process section for information on submitting your application.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Role and our Branch
As a Payroll Officer you will:
- provide, generate and maintain employee personal information and pay distributions.
- process employee commencements, movements, variations and terminations.
- process leave, salary and allowance payments, income tax and overpayments.
- ensure work is timely, accurate and in line with applicable industrial instruments, legislation and Department policies and procedures.
As part of the Business and Customer Services (BCS) directorate you will be required to contribute to a safe work environment that fosters equity and diversity and achieve your deliverables to enable BCS to accomplish their goals.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply policies, procedures, industrial instruments and legislation.
- Demonstrated experience with computerised human resource management information systems or equivalent and the ability to perform pay calculations, ensuring accuracy of complex payroll data.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Sam Mastrolembo, Payroll Operations Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 8763 or emailing Sam.Mastrolembo@education.wa.edu.au
The Application and Selection process
Assessments for each intake of this pool will commence on the below dates:
- Intake 1 – 29 June 2023
- Intake 2 – 30 October 2023
- Intake 3 – 26 February 2024
Applications for the pool will close on Friday, 23rd February 2024 in time for the final assessment round that will commence on the Monday, 26th February 2024.
You will only need to apply once. Your application will be assessed in the next closest assessment round.
Once the assessment stage of each intake commences you will not be able to amend your application.
You will be advised of the outcome at the conclusion of each assessment round, where you can reapply should you be unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing only selection criteria one (1) and two (2) listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Eligibility and training requirements Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check if required
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED