Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA810313
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Fitzroy Valley District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a motivated individual to fill the role of Program Coordinator - Curriculum and join their friendly team.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Remote Teaching Service (RTS) Allowance of $15 370.00 per year
- Locality allowance of $4 888 per year
- Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7,000 see info below
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Air-conditioning subsidy
- Free relocation
Teachers and school administrators employed at Fitzroy Valley District High School in 2023 are eligible to receive an Attraction and Retention Incentive of $7,000 (pa, gross – to be adjusted pro rata for FTE and tenure). Eligible staff will receive a percentage of this payment on commencement at the school, with the remainder paid at the end of the school year. Staff must remain employed in the location until the end of the school year to be eligible to receive the second payment.
The ARI payment is in addition to other incentives that may apply in this school.
About the Role
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the successful applicant will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. The successful applicant will establish and manage administrative and operational systems in the relevant area of responsibility to ensure the effective operation of the school within departmental policy and guidelines.
The successful applicant will exhibit they are proficient in Western Australian Curriculum for K-10 and provide support to staff in analysing data and setting targets to assist in planning. Experience in and understanding of targeted teaching and the Kimberley Schools Project would be most desirable.
The role of Program Coordinator - Curriculum will be to:
- Lead the consistent delivery of the Western Australian Curriculum through years K-10.
- Lead operational planning in curriculum for Mathematics and English.
- Lead collaborative DOTT sessions across Primary and Secondary.
- Lead the engagement in professional development of teachers regarding evidence based strategies for working with students requiring differentiated curriculum.
- Lead the Interpretation and analysis of the data obtained from the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), OLNA, Brightpath and PM Benchmark and work side by side with classroom teachers to use system data to identify literacy/numeracy concerns and facilitate whole school programs to improve the literacy levels of students.
- Coordinate Curriculum orientated events that occur during the school year such as Book Week.
- Some classroom teaching will also be required.
- Coordinate and lead Reporting to Parents, NAPLAN, OLNA
- Coordinate intervention programs and staff using MacqLit and MiniLit.
An understanding, appreciation and respect for traditional Aboriginal culture are paramount to the success of any teaching program within the school. Our whole-school approaches to delivering curriculum is to ensure consistent practices are implemented across all classrooms that meet the needs of a highly mobile and transient population of students. This is achieved with an ongoing focus on school improvement, the establishment of school improvement teams, and the continuing efforts to improve teaching practices.
About the School
At Fitzroy Valley DHS, we have a strong focus on developing the literacy and numeracy skills of our Kindergarten to Year 12 students. We pride ourselves on being inclusive and welcoming children from a diversity of local Aboriginal communities in and around Fitzroy Crossing: Junjuwa, Kurnangki, Mindi Radi, Loanbung, Buruwa, Biridu, Darlngunaya, Jimbalakudung, Karnparrmi, and Gillarong. Secondary students travel to school each day from Muludja, Wangkatjungka, Ngalankadji, Mimbi, Ngumpan, Joy Springs, and Bayulu communities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Fitzroy Valley District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Mike Gray, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9193 0900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 6 April 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED