Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE808467
System Services and Responses is seeking to establish a pool of dynamic Principal Consultants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and up to the end of May, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023, up to the end of May, 2024.
The Role and our Branch
The Statewide Services division provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most.
Service Design and Support is responsible for ensuring the high quality advice, information and responses are developed in relation to system-facing requests priorities through efficient and streamlined processes.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As Principal Consultant you will provide and lead responses in relation to department, State and Commonwealth education initiatives, seeking input from subject matter experts where required. They are responsible for researching, preparing and evaluating briefing papers, speeches, correspondence, intranet documents and services, support documents and confidential reports on behalf of Statewide Services.
Suitable applicants will have highly developed written communication skills for a range of audiences and purposes, with attention to detail and accuracy. They will draw on their strong knowledge and experience in undertaking research, and will review, analyse and quality assure information, to provide strategic advice on issues and initiatives.
Principal Consultants assist in the development and implementation of streamlined processes and prioritisation, including follow up and monitoring of key tasks or initiatives. They have highly developed strategic leadership and planning skills and work collaboratively with team members to deliver effective outcomes. The role requires the ability to harness and build effective working relationships across teams at Statewide services, business units within the Department and external agencies, to integrate service, support and advice to the system.
Ideally, you will have the ability to be agile and responsive to the needs of the role and competing priorities.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of public education contexts and operations at a central, regional and school level.
- Demonstrated high-level planning and management skills with a proven ability to plan and coordinate initiatives in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in applying strategic thinking to achieve outcomes and implement effective change management strategies to achieve educational outcomes.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships and networks, including experience in undertaking high-level consultations, collaborations and negotiations.
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills, including extensive experience in the preparation of correspondence, reports, Ministerial communication, briefing notes and policy documents.
- Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills with a proven ability to deliver outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment and under tight timeframes
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Justine Freeman, Manager – System Services and Responses by telephoning (08) 9402 6129 or emailing Justine.Freeman@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 March 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED