Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS792356
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
The School Of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is offering an opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to join their team in the position of Dispatch Officer.
The Dispatch Officer will provide assistance in the picking, packing and collating of products in preparation for dispatch whilst actively participating in, and contributing to, the quality and customer service goals of the team. The successful applicant will be responsible for ordering replacement materials and maintaining data regarding stock levels in accordance with storage management processes.
SIDE is the main centre for Kindergarten to Year 12 distance education and online learning. It provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a mainstream school.
SIDE offers the same education opportunities and support as most primary and secondary schools, including support for students with disabilities, students with learning difficulties and gifted and talented students. A feature of the student experience at SIDE is the support from teachers in all years, and our secondary student services team. We have a broad range of Year 11 and 12 courses, catering for all post-school destinations, including university, TAFE, private providers and employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well-developed customer service skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Nicholls, Coordinator Learning Support Services by telephoning (08) 9311 1400 or emailing Michael.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.