Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS803199
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
Do you have a green thumb?
East Kimberley College is seeking a hardworking Assistant Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- Travel Concession
- Air-conditioning subsidy
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
About the Role
The Assistant Gardener - Handyperson will assist in the gardening, grounds and facility management support to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will assist in maintaining and presenting the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and providing a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Assistant Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally have good communication skills to help develop and maintain strong working relationships with school staff and external stakeholders. Knowledge of safe work practices would also be highly desirable.
About the School
East Kimberley College is located in Kununurra and is focused on providing an inclusive, safe, supportive, and connected learning environment to educate the 'whole child' to be a successful citizen of the future. Our belief is that “every student matters every day” and “every student can be a high achiever”.
East Kimberley College is one of the largest Kindergarten to Year 12 schools in the state with approximately 900 students enrolled. With almost 50% of enrolments being indigenous, it also has the largest enrolment of Aboriginal students of any school in the State.
Kununurra is the eastern gateway to the Kimberley and offers many opportunities for adventure seekers. Kununurra is only a three-hour flight from Perth and is famous for its wildlife-rich waterways and wetlands.
For more information about Kununurra visit Destination - Kununurra.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about East Kimberley College please visit www.eastkimberleycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Oliver, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kununurra, by telephoning (08) 9168 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager;
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Induction program within three months of commencement;
- Introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.