Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE807247
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Asset Planning and Services is seeking a highly motivated Senior Leasing Coordinator to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
This role will negotiate, manage and review property leases and licences held by the Department ensuring compliance with conditions. You will also provide liaison, consultancy and direct point of contact for clients, ensuring effective planning and delivery of accommodation property leasing services. This will include the management of the administration of lease reviews, dispute resolution, property asset and leasing registers and property exit strategies. This role also includes the project management of high-risk property lease and other agreements including procurement planning, documentation and evaluation and lease contract formation, you will also undertake property and facilities management projects for surplus sites, facilities and leased premises.
You will have varied and substantial experience in property leasing management as well as highly developed knowledge of government office accommodation principles and procedures, including lease management processes. You will also have demonstrated resource management and planning skills including financial management and information management and the ability to lead teams. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), including negotiation and mediation skills and the ability to develop and leverage working relationships with a range of stakeholders to achieved project outcomes will also be required.
We have multiple opportunities advertised within the infrastructure division! To find out more Click here!
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated varied and substantial experience in property leasing management.
- Demonstrated highly developed knowledge of government office accommodation principles and procedures, including lease management processes.
- Demonstrated resource management and planning skills including financial management and information management and the ability to lead teams.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcome.
Please contact Heila Brits, Consultant by telephoning 0425 615 859 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- Completed online application form, please submit a separate application for each position you apply for.
- Comprehensive CV of no more than six (6) pages
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages addressing criteria 1, 2 & 3 as per the above, detailing how your knowledge, skills and experience relate to the role you apply for.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- hold or obtain a current Western Australian ‘C’ Class drivers licence
- undertake travel throughout metropolitan and regional locations as required
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 March 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.