Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE810288
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Capital Works and Maintenance is seeking a highly motivated Manager, Capital Project Delivery to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Manager, Capital Project Delivery is responsible for providing leadership and management of the operations of the Infrastructure Division’s asset investment program, including governance and risk management. This role will be responsible for the development of a high performing and functioning team that will be well positioned to deliver the department’s asset investment program.
In this position, you will liaise with and provide advice to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and build strategic alliances with internal and external stakeholders to enable development, acceptability and achievement of designated outcomes and to promote service capabilities. You will also oversee project management functions relating to state government investment in education and provide input into the preparation of business cases for investment into public school infrastructure. Budget management, analysis of trends and development of infrastructure related strategies also forms part of this role.
We have multiple opportunities advertised within the infrastructure division! To find out more Click here!
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in complex project management within a capital works or facilities management/maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated high-level skills and experience in the provision of asset planning and related management services.
- Demonstrated high-level verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with key internal and external stakeholders at a senior level.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcome.
Please contact Heila Brits, Consultant by telephoning 0425 615 859 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- Completed online application form, please submit a separate application for each position you apply for
- Comprehensive CV of no more than six (6) pages
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages addressing criteria 1, 2 & 3 as per the above, detailing how your knowledge, skills and experience relate to the role you apply for
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 March 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.