Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS809524
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023.
Cecil Andrews College is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Facilities Resource Coordinator to join their team.
As the Facilities Resource Coordinator, you will provide support to the Manager Corporate Services in the supervision of the school cleaning and gardening services, including management of staff, overseeing faults management and contractors.
This includes coordinating the daily operations of the school relating to the management and maintenance of the school grounds and facilities. Given the nature of this role, sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety in relation to school equipment including cleaning, gardening and workshop machinery would be highly desirable.
Cecil Andrews College is an Independent School that exemplifies excellence in education for all students. While our school is rich in heritage and tradition, rightly valuing what the past has given us, we are also an exciting and innovative future focussed centre of learning. Our staff are enthusiastic and seek to retain the strengths and wisdom of the past while preparing students to become emerging leaders in a changing world.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of school buildings, grounds and facilities and the ability to investigate funding opportunities.
- Sound team management and supervisory skills, including the ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Sound computer skills in a range of application software packages, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety as it relates to facilities and asset maintenance.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cecil Andrews College can be found by visiting cecilandrewscollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Debbie Foster, Personal Assistant to the Principal, by telephoning (08) 9234 3400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.