Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS792900
Balga Primary School is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
We are seeking School Officers to join our team and provide exceptional customer service through reception duties, general clerical and administrative support, and maintaining school facilities and resources. You should be the first point of contact for our school, responsible for providing efficient and friendly service to our students, parents, and visitors. Suitable applicants should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment. This position requires you to possess good word processing skills and knowledge of data software packages like Student Information Systems (SIS) – Integris, RM Billing and MGM Outreach would be highly desirable.
In this role, you will also be responsible for distributing and collecting documents, forms, and mail, as well as collecting and receipting monies in accordance with departmental procedures. You should assist with maintaining school facilities and equipment. You should play an important role in supporting student-related activities such as maintaining student attendance records, generating routine reports and correspondence related to absenteeism, and assisting with student enrolment procedures. You will be required to produce a range of documents as well as creating and preparing school materials for publication including the school newsletter.
As a connected community, we are looking for applicants that can help celebrate the achievements of our students and to promote the high standards of teaching and learning we have here at the school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balga Primary School can be found by visiting balgaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tegan Gill, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9253 4500 or emailing Tegan.Gill2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.