Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS809945
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
The successful applicant will assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You will also provide feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to student progress. The ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students is desired.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You will ideally be compassionate and able to work collaboratively to implement documented plans.
The successful applicant should possess the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students and teachers. You should also have a strong knowledge of a range of evidence-based techniques for learning and behaviour and have some experience or knowledge of disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Donnybrook District High School (DHS) is a combined school (Kindergarten - Year 10) situated on two sites that lie 1.5 kilometres apart. Donnybrook DHS services the communities of Donnybrook, Kirup and Balingup. The Junior Campus at Mead Street caters for Kindergarten to Year 6, while the Senior Campus at Bentley Street has a country garden feel and caters for Year 7 to Year 10.
Donnybrook DHS has established a School Board that is committed to actively supporting the Leadership Team to improve student learning. In addition to their participation in planning, reviewing and monitoring school improvement, they have engaged superbly with the school's Business Plan and priority areas. Through the adoption of a 'portfolio' approach, they are valuable contributors to the strategies that are supporting our targets and milestones.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Donnybrook District High School can be found by visiting www.donnybrook.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sarah Bible, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Donnybrook, by telephoning (08) 9732 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED