Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS811567
Suitable applicants from IPS/SS772793 need not apply.
Endeavour Education Support Centre (ESC) are seeking to establish a pool of Special Needs Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
As a Special Needs Education Assistant, suitable applicants will assist teachers in providing support for students with special needs. You will, under general supervision and guidance, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs. Additionally, you will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies, and implement individual student or small group programs or demonstrations.
Suitable applicants should have a high level of interpersonal skills to enable them to work collaboratively with staff members to meet the needs of students. You will ideally possess knowledge and experience of working with students with a range of disabilities and learning difficulties and the ability to support student growth, both academically and socially, within the classroom setting. A visible commitment to enhancing student learning through ongoing reflective practice and engagement in professional learning opportunities will be highly regarded.
Endeavour ESC supports students with disabilities who are supported through Schools Resourcing. It shares its site with Endeavour Primary School and both schools work collaboratively under the school name of Endeavour Schools. Endeavour Schools is a truly inclusive school setting where the primary school and education support centre work together for the benefit of all students where every child is special.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Endeavour Education Support Centre can be found by visiting endeavourschools.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jacinta Savell, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9591 6100 or emailing Jacinta.Savell@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.