Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS810499
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2023
The successful applicant will provide general clerical and library support, including preparing correspondence and booking equipment and facilities. They will maintain the resources and environment of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students. They will operate library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff, and parents at all times.
Please note this position is a FTE of 0.8 over five (5) working days.
They will deal with enquiries and guide students, staff, and parents in locating library resources and information. Knowledge of how to run and manage a budget, including the purchasing of relevant stock and required licenses is highly regarded. Capacity to manage and resolve school IT projects and issues would also be highly regarded.
At Eaton Community College (CC) we are working hard to become one of the leading secondary schools in the Bunbury area. We are dedicated to selecting specialist with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and the wider school community. Eaton CC is an Independent Public School (IPS) that offers a wonderful opportunity for local students to access a high-quality secondary education close to home. Eaton is a rapidly growing suburb located less than 10kms from Bunbury.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eaton Community College can be found by visiting www.eatoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kane Mack, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Eaton, by telephoning (08) 9796 7000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 6 April 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED