Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS812017
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Kindness - Consideration - Service to Others
About the Role
As the Manager Corporate Services (MCS), you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered, including financial progressing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives.
You will work as part of our school leadership team, particularly relating to targeted use of resources and workforce planning. As the successful applicant you should have excellent organisational and communication skills. You will ideally have a displayed history of working effectively as part of a collaborative team. The ability to work with all stakeholders to develop strong community relationships and links with staff, students and families is important to this role.
A thorough knowledge of the School Resourcing System, RM Finance, the Education Department Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Staff Performance Management and high-level financial management skills with solid analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills is desired.
As a MCS you will monitor and manage staff leave entitlements to ensure accrued leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy. The successful applicant will also manage staff performance in accordance with the Public Sector Performance Management Standard and Departmental policy. To support the financial and human resource aspects of the role the successful applicant would develop and manage financial, administrative and information processes, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Departmental policies and guidelines. The MCS will undertaking research and project work in relation to business trends and issues which may impact on the financial, physical or human resource aspects of the school's operations.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team in a busy and dynamic school environment. As such, you should be an efficient, enthusiastic independent team member. The flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment is highly desirable. You will ideally be flexible and reliable and have excellent conceptual, interpersonal, communication, staff management and problem-solving skills. The successful applicant will display effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with an ability to develop constructive, respectful and positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
About our School
North Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is a very proud school and we are committed to providing a learning environment that is inclusive, motivational, supportive, caring and engaging for every student. We have Pastoral Care as a priority and inclusivity is a large part of this. Currently we run a number of programs across the school supporting our focus of developing a safe, healthy, enjoyable learning environment. We are continuing to explore how we are inclusive of our students learning styles, needs, culture, interests and best meeting the needs of our students.
Students at North Kalgoorlie PS are from varied backgrounds. Some are fourth generation Kalgoorlie born families. Some are families involved in the mining industry who move location regularly. Others are from various Aboriginal groups around the state and country.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting www.northkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact David Roberts, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 5850 or emailing David.Roberts2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.