Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE808465
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The System Services and Responses Branch is seeking a highly motivated and organised Finance and Administration Coordinator to join their team.
We’re looking for someone who will model our work behaviours of being purposeful, connected, high performing and leading ethically. Our people are passionate about what they do. We want someone who values the work we do as well as everyone in the team.
You will work with your colleagues to facilitate a positive team culture and contribute to the operations of the System Services and Responses branch in accordance with the strategic directions of the public school system, legislation and Department policies and procedures. You will enact the code of conduct an apply a growth mindset to all facets of your work.
You will provide input and support to financial planning and budgeting for the division and provide information to the Manager. Your background and experience in finance, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting, and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures will be an asset to the team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As the Finance and Administration Coordinator, you will assist in the coordination, management and monitoring of funding, human resources, resource agreements and records management procedures across Statewide Services to ensure compliance with Departmental policy.
The successful applicant will work well within teams and across business units to ensure integrated service delivery to schools and the system.
Statewide Services provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. It encompasses both school and system-facing service delivery.
Using our collective skills we aim to ensure that high quality advice and responses are developed in relation to system-facing requests priorities through efficient and streamlined processes.
The successful applicant will work well within their team and work in a culturally responsive and context specific manner to engage stakeholders productively and respectfully.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to deal with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated well developed financial skills, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting, and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated considerable understanding of, and ability to apply, human resource management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated sound conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated well developed project management and organisational skills with the ability to deliver outcomes on schedule.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Tracey Perkins, Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 9402 6474 or emailing Tracey.Perkins@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 March 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.