Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE804707
Capability Support is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Digital Resources Specialist’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and up to the end of April, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023, up to the end of April 2024.
This position will suit experienced Graphic Designers, Instructional Designers and Web Developers. You will be actively involved in practical resource development including designing and developing, HTML5 and video based digital resources for the Department of Education using industry standard tools and technologies, such as Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro. A diverse skill set is highly valued. There is currently one permanent full-time position available.
The Role and our Branch
The Senior Digital Resource Specialists will plan, implement and evaluate the design, development, monitoring, evaluation and distribution of digital resources for the Department of Education. In this role you will provide specialist support to Statewide Services in the development of resources to support time-critical projects whilst developing sustainable strategies and procedures to support digital resource design and distribution. You will work independently and within a team environment to support the development of a wide range of digital materials for schools. A strong focus of the role will be to provide leadership and guidance across different business areas to ensure consistent processes and practices relating to digital resource development utilises best practices and industry standard tools.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Service Design and Support Directorate sits within the Statewide Services division which provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. It encompasses both school and system-facing service delivery.
The Service Design and Support directorate is responsible for strategy, policy, program and operational support to Statewide Services, providing shared functions and supports that enable the professional capability and service delivery teams to improve services for schools.
The Capability Support branch leads and manages the implementation and coordination of online learning systems and tools for use in schools and for staff professional learning across the organisation. The branch oversees and manages processes for the production and publication of classroom and professional learning resources. We support the development and delivery of identified system professional learning and resource development priorities and provide expert advice to support the delivery of Statewide Services systems.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of, and substantial experience with, designing and developing contemporary digital resources for K-12 and adult learners using industry standard tools.
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge of current curriculum initiatives, policies and issues in relation to digital resources for students.
- Demonstrated highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Demonstrated highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues and generate strategies in order to deliver key project outcomes.
- Demonstrated highly developed project management skills and the ability to contribute to team processes and outcomes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Darren Entwistle, Principal Project Officer – Digital Resources by telephoning (08) 9264 5061 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED