Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS811684
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Oakwood Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
The School Officer is the first point of contact for our school, suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, welcoming, calm and positive manner. We are seeking applicants with good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible.
The School Officer supports the Manager Corporate Services by maintaining the school’s facilities, assets, resources and databases including reporting faults, organising repairs, assisting with stocktakes and updating asset and resources registers. In addition, you will ideally support the Manager Corporates Services in administering the financial resources for the school including undertaking account management, invoice processing, end of month and financial year procedures. Knowlege of Human Resource Information System (HRMIS), Integris, RM Billing, Excel and Publisher would be highly desirable.
The School Officer is responsible for the entering of student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records, and absenteeism reports. You will also be providing accurate advice and support to the Principal and administration team as well as to the parents, students, staff and community members. Other specific duties will include the compilation of the school newsletter and uploading this and other documents to the school website and other media.
Oakwood PS opened for Pre Primary and Kindergarten students in 2018 and extended from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2019 in purpose built, modern facilities. The school services the suburbs of Meadow Springs, Madora Bay and San Remo and is an Independent Public School. The school has a strong sense of community engagement and aims to provide a dynamic learning environment that is positive, inclusive and underpinned by strong values.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Oakwood Primary School can be found by visiting www.oakwoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Monique Tennyenhuis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9586 7600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.