Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS811690
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Oakwood Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
The School Officer is the first point of contact for our school, suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, welcoming, calm and positive manner, completing administrative duties including entering student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records, and absenteeism reports.
The School Officer is responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members using their excellent customer service skills when greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. This position requires you to possess good word processing skills and knowledge of data software packages like Student Information Systems (SIS) and Integris would be highly desirable.
Suitable applicants will ideally be friendly and positive team members that possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community. The role requires a strong attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment. Applicants will ideally have an understanding of the Oakwood PS context and an ability to build effective working relationships with staff, students and the school community.
Oakwood PS opened for Pre Primary and Kindergarten students in 2018 and extended from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2019 in purpose built, modern facilities. The school services the suburbs of Meadow Springs, Madora Bay and San Remo and is an Independent Public School. The school has a strong sense of community engagement and aims to provide a dynamic learning environment that is positive, inclusive and underpinned by strong values.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Oakwood Primary School can be found by visiting www.oakwoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Monique Tennyenhuis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9586 7600 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.