Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS811697
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Oakwood Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
Suitable applicants should be highly motivated, proactive and take pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace, in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school. Attention to detail in order to maintain a clean and safe environment is highly desirable.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is highly desirable.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic educational team. Our vision ‘Children are the heart of our school’ and ethos reflect the area, the community and most importantly, the needs of our children, guiding everything we do. You will be a valued part of a team that builds a school culture that is positive and inclusive, through engaging, consulting and working collaboratively with the school community to provide a dynamic learning environment that is underpinned by strong values.
Oakwood PS is situated on Oakwood Gate, in the rapidly growing suburb of Meadow Springs and includes the suburbs of San Remo and Madora Bay in the local intake area. Opened in 2018 as an Independent Public School, our school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Oakwood Primary School please visit www.oakwoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Monique Tennyenhuis, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9586 7600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.