Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH810955
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Moorine Rock Primary School (PS) is seeking a Primary Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
Working at Moorine Rock Primary School provides you with the many professional and personal benefits of working for the Department of Education including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8,020 per year
- Locality allowance of $1,085 a year
- 10.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation
- Free relocation
About the role
As a teacher at Moorine Rock PS, you will be working as part of team of dedicated teachers to implement a whole school literacy and numeracy block structure, continue to develop and utilise a whole school behaviour management policy and integrate science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) challenges into the classroom.
In our classrooms there is a strong emphasis on explicit instruction, integration of STEAM across all curriculum areas and collaborative staff planning. Knowledge of Multi-age Group classroom structure and education will be highly desirable.
Moorine Rock PS is a small, vibrant school located in the Eastern Wheatbelt, catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We have a strong history, where our school and the community work together to provide an education that meets the needs of individual students and provides the foundation for each student's future education.
Moorine Rock is a small town, which services farmers and their families in the area. The school buildings and grounds are well established and well maintained with extensive playground equipment for all ages. This provides an excellent educational environment for students and staff.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at email@example.com or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Moorine Rock Primary School can be found by visiting www.moorinerockps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Katrina Tedge, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Moorine Rock, by telephoning (08) 9048 9800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.