Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS808816
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
Are you an organised and dedicated individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Looma Remote Community School (RCS) are seeking an enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly team.
About the Role
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will support the Manager Corporate Services in administering the school’s marketing, financial, physical and human resources. You will also assist in the induction and support of administrative school staff.
The successful applicant will assist with collecting documentation for enrolment of new students, manage school databases, records, and management information systems. You will ideally be proficient in using computers and a range of application packages with a knowledge of Word, Excel, and Intergris.
You will ideally provide effective, quality customer and administrative support. You should have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community. You should work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills.
The successful applicant should possess the ability to prioritise tasks and assist others whilst liaising with a range of visitors, students, and staff.
You should have strong organisational skills, good attention to detail, the flexibility to move between tasks and the ability to effectively deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment. You will ideally be efficient, punctual, willing to learn and able to maintain confidentiality.
Please be advised this position does not include accommodation.
Looma RCS is located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia approximately 130 km south east of Derby, some 30 km (dirt road) south of the main Derby to Fitzroy Crossing Highway. The school services the Looma Aboriginal Community (390-410 people) and the town of Camballin (30-40 people) approximately fifteen minutes from the school.
Looma Community is built at the base of the picturesque Grant Range and the school enjoys magnificent vistas of the surrounding hills and rock formations that give Looma its name. Looma Community is relatively young, having been established in the 1970's but in a short period of time, it has developed steadily. The population comprises of three major groups; Walmajarri, Nyikina and Mangala, with a smattering of others.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Looma Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Megan Wiebrecht, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Looma, by telephoning (08) 9192 0859 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 March 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.