Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS805755
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2023
Weld Square Primary School are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Gardener/Handyperson to join their friendly team. As a Gardener/Handyperson, you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in an attractive, clean and tidy manner. The successful applicant will be tasked with gardening duties, grounds and facility management and various other duties as outlined in the Job Description Form below to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds, and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as required, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Weld Square Primary School has well-established gardens and is surrounded by native bushlands and parklands. The school is located in the suburb of Morley, 10km north east of Perth. The school actively promotes environmental and sustainability practices throughout the whole school community.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit weldsquareps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Weld Square Primary School
For job related information
Please contact Dean Gill, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9268 7600 or emailing Dean.Gill@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Applied when all applications are being received online
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 March 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.