Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS810623
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
Manea Senior College (MSC) is seeking an experienced Finance and Administrative Support Officer to join our team.
The successful applicant will be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. This role requires a person with excellent interpersonal skills and who can work well as part of a team or autonomously and will build positive relationships with staff and the community.
The Finance and Administrative Support Officer works closely with the Manager Corporate Services coordinating financial tasks including processing payments, invoicing, cash management, reconciliations, budgeting, all end of month processing and providing financial policy and procedural advice to staff. The successful person is required to coordinate the day to operations and functions of the College’s administrative team; therefore, a high level of Finance and Human Resources knowledge is essential.
The role will include self-development and team development with the ability to provide training and guidance to support staff to achieve team outcomes. Therefore, experience with RM Finance, RM Billing, Integris, Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) and Compass is highly desirable.
At MSC we are dedicated to selecting specialist staff with strong knowledge and relationship building skills to provide an educational journey for our students that enables their success in Years 11 and 12 whilst simultaneously preparing them for life as adults.
We are strategically located between Edith Cowan University (ECU) Southwest Campus and South Regional TAFE (SRT), providing our students with the opportunity to combine their WA Certificate of Education (WACE) programs with certificate qualifications and access TAFE and university facilities across the Education Precinct.
At MSC we have a strong moral purpose to provide students with quality teaching and learning opportunities as well as life experiences that enable them to transition into the adult world. This is achieved through a learning environment that is specialised for young adults and built on the foundations of strong relationships, mutual trust, respect, support and individual accountability. The College operates under a young adult, work related environment where relationships are built using a first name basis. All students are regarded as, and interact with staff as young adults and have our trust and respect
All staff are expected to uphold the corporate image of MSC by wearing the staff uniform and adhering to the DOE code of conduct.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound financial and human resource management skills with the ability to interpret and apply financial and human resources practices and procedures and provide recommendations.
- Sound oral, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team environment and develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision and to prioritise and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills in a range of application software packages, particularly databases.
- Experience in the application of high level customer services principles and practices.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Manea Senior College can be found by visiting www.maneasc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Yvette Moulsdale Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9721 0400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED