Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE810653
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
Staff in Regional and Local Education Offices are responsible for supporting schools in their regions by promoting system initiatives and providing support to enhance educational outcomes of students in public schools.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Coordinator Regional Operations will be the first point of contact for school administrators and will provide accurate, high-level and strategic advice to support and ensure the management of daily school operations complies with relevant legislation and Department policy settings.
As the successful applicant you will represent the Director of Education and the Department on various committees and working groups and act as executive officer to such groups as advised by the Director of Education. You will work to establish effective formal and informal liaison networks with other agencies, schools, the wider community, industry and political groups to assist in developing a positive public image for the Department and the regional office.
The successful applicant will implement a customer-service focus in the regional office to effectively and efficiently handle enquiries, concerns and complaints, relating to the regional office, schools or the Department in general. While also ensuring professionalism and accuracy in the provision of advice and information to maintain and enhance the public profile of education.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated highly developed leadership and strategic planning skills with the ability to coordinate and promote a shared understanding of the regional office role.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate strategies and projects to improve regional level support to schools.
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyse issues and generate appropriate strategies.
- Demonstrated extensive written and oral communication and public relations skills, including preparation of reports and briefings.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships and undertake negotiations, consultations and conflict resolution
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Dainon Couzic, Assistant Director of Education Southwest Education Region by telephoning (08) 9791 0300 or emailing Dainon.Couzic@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 22 March 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.