Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS806883
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
Como Secondary College (SC) is seeking an innovative and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Information Technology (IT) Technician.
The role of the IT Technician is to maintain the school’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) systems and network, ensuring reliability and sustainability to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Departmental Asset management and Security regulatory framework.
You will provide advice on technical issues and collaborate with administration to maintain and develop the network system. You will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school on various software applications and provide access to systems and resources to comply with government/central network interfacing and verification policies to ensure data security and user compliance. It would be highly desirable for applicants to have a good working knowledge of Student Information System (SIS) Integris and Saron Education Quality Teachers Assistant (SEQTA).
The IT Technician will also provide input on system enhancements, implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate IT resources, and support purchasing and development of a replacement plan. Strong interpersonal skills are important to ensure positive relationships with internal and external representatives, staff, students, and our wider community.
Como SC is driven by the belief that every student is capable of successful learning. The College is an Independent Public School catering for students from Year 7 to Year 12. Every student matters at Como. We work to build each student's belief in their own capacity to learn and their understanding of the relationship between effort and success. Our aim is to ensure that every student progresses.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Como Secondary College can be found by visiting como.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jo May, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9365 2000 or emailing Jo.May@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 21 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.