Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS810132
Ridge View Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic, self-motivated Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.In collaboration with the Manager Corporate Services and Cleaner in Charge, you will be required to undertake cleaning duties within the college. Flexibility is important as job roles may develop and change as the college grows.
We are looking for team players to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole college community. Suitable applicants will ideally have good attention to detail to ensure a clean and safe college environment. Applicants that are organised and have an excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines are encouraged to apply.
Suitable applicants will be required to carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. During the vacation periods you will complete various cleaning duties, such as pressure cleaning verandas and undercover areas, and other duties outlined in the Fundamentals of Cleaning Guidelines.
Safety is of major importance and successful applicants should have the ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines. Suitable applicants will ideally have experience with the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
The college motto of “Believe, Aspire, Pride” and the college’s core values “I can be a champion; We all matter; and We are family” are embedded into all aspects of college life for staff and students and we seek people who are willing to embrace and promote the motto and values.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Ridge View Secondary College please visit ridgeviewsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Leah Heatley, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9553 0700 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A one to two (1-2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the college
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- induction program within three months of commencement.
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 March 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.