Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS811032
This is an eight (8) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Sorrento Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and committed Manager Corporate Services to join their team.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will work closely with the Principal to manage and be responsible for the financial, physical, and human resource processes of the school. You will oversee the business operations and work with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage school support staff.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have excellent organisational skills and possess the ability to plan and prioritise tasks and work well under pressure. Applicants that have knowledge of, and experience in, School Information System (SIS), finance applications RM Finance, Asset Manager and RM Billing are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant should provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and ideally possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
At Sorrento PS, we provide quality educational programs that meet the needs and interests of all of our students. Our school culture is built on trust, credibility, and open honest communication. We stand together as a community to instil four pillars that make up our school motto, Be TRUE – Be Tolerant, Be Respectful, Be United, Be Excellent.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sorrento Primary School can be found by visiting sorrentops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Anne Alford, Principal, by telephoning 0466 775 332 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 20 March 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.