Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS787962
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Pinjarra Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an efficient and motivated School Officer to join their welcoming and positive team.
The successful applicant should be professional and exhibit a positive solution focused approach that embraces new ways of working. They should display a focus on teamwork, self-motivation and initiative, in addition to modelling strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Experience working within a school administrative role with timetabling knowledge would be advantageous.
This role requires the use of various Microsoft Office and Department of Education database software packages. A knowledge of Student Information System (SIS), RM Finance, RM Billing and Compass would be desirable, as well as strong computer skills in general.
Since 1921, Pinjarra SHS has proudly served the community of Pinjarra and its surrounding region. We provide a mix of traditional and innovative programs aimed at preparing our Year 7 to 12 students for tertiary education, TAFE, traineeships and apprenticeships, or the workplace. Pinjarra SHS has a clear focus on High Quality Teaching. Central to this is a commitment to be trained in Classroom Management Strategies (CMS), Instructional Strategies for Engagement (ISE), Peer Observation and Tactical Writing. We are a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school that promotes Tolerance, Responsibility, Unity and Embracing Opportunities as our core values. Positive behaviour is modelled by staff and expected of all students.
Pinjarra SHS is also focussed on increasing student aspiration, participation and achievement through the development of enterprise skills such as problem-solving, collaboration and entrepreneurship. Underpinning this is our ongoing commitment to develop Growth Mindsets in our staff and students through targeted Professional Learning and action research.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these-work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pinjarra Senior High School can be found by visiting www.pinjarrashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Cole, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9531 7000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.