Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS803314
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Broome Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join its staff in the role of Home Economics Assistant.
The Home Economics Assistant will provide vital assistance to the Food Technology and Textiles teaching staff for the delivery of planned education programs which includes the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. This position also ensures equipment is kept well-maintained and materials and resources for use in classes are prepared as per teacher instructions. The Home Economics Assistant role also involves undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students.
The successful applicant should ideally have a proactive, positive approach to the role and will be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team. They will need to be able to prioritise tasks, display initiative and be well organised and efficient. Computer literacy is highly desirable.
The Broome SHS vision is to ensure every student achieves to the best of their ability, giving them the foundation to find success in life after school. The school does this by providing a safe and caring learning environment with a focus on excellence, through high quality teaching and positive, respectful relationships. The positive attitude of staff and students provides the foundation for outstanding results to be achieved.
Please note this position does not include relocation costs or subsidised housing.
Broome SHS is located in one of Western Australia’s premier tourist locations. Broome is a vibrant and attractive coastal town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. As a tourist town, Broome is well resourced regarding facilities and services.
For more information about Broome visit Destination – Broome.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome Senior High School can be found by visiting www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Leanne Wells, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 February 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.