Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS790284
This is a permanent part-time (0.35FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2023
Shark Bay School is seeking a motivated and passionate Supervisor of School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) Students to join their team.
As a SIDE Supervisor you will be working with Primary/Secondary Generalist Teachers to supervise Year 7 to 12 students working on courses provided by SIDE, ensuring students are organised, prepared and engaged in both online and practical activities.
You will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You should build positive relationships with students and be passionate about creating positive futures for students. We are looking for someone performance driven who uses evidence based decision-making skills.
Our school capitalises on its position in a World Heritage Area to enhance learning opportunities related to our environment and Malgana culture. Our school prioritises a strong collegial culture of development and improvement to benefit students, giving staff scope to provide learning enrichment in line with their own interests and skills.
Liking young people and wanting to assist them. Being committed to implementing behaviour expectations consistently and willing to undertake professional development as required. Being very organised and a good communicator. Being keen to add to our staff team's professional learning community and build collegial relationships. Being ready to share skills and interests with students and having enthusiasm for their learning and belief in their potential.
At Shark Bay School we have supportive families and dedicated staff committed to ongoing school improvement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Sound team building and student supervisory skills, including the ability to coordinate, monitor and report effectively to support student learning.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills with the ability to plan and coordinate student-focussed services, school activities and identify priorities to meet conflicting timelines.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shark Bay School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Celia Elissegaray, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denham, by telephoning (08) 9948 0000 or emailing Celia.Elissegaray@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 March 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.