Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS802483
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2023
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will ideally possess a calm and positive manner. The School Officer is responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff, and community members using their excellent customer service skills.The position requires a candidate who ideally possesses good organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, has an eye for detail and maintains a high level of accuracy.
School Officers are involved in maintaining school databases and ensuring the accuracy of records information systems, attention to detail should be one of your strengths. They work with Department of Education (DOE) software systems and software packages. Familiarity with DOE policies and processes would be desirable and ideally being proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. A strong working knowledge of online communication platforms is desirable.
As the School Officer, you will provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records, absenteeism reports, staff and relief staff records and generate routine reports from the school databases. Experience with Schools Information System database (SIS) Administration and Compass is highly desirable and RM Billing and Finance, along with Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) would be beneficial. A strong working knowledge of the enrolment process is desirable.
Other responsibilities will include undertaking reception duties, including meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. In addition, the School Officer supports the Manager Corporate Services by maintaining the school’s facilities, assets, resources and databases including reporting faults, organising repairs, assisting with stocktakes and updating asset and resources registers.
You should have strong organisational skills, the flexibility to move between tasks and the ability to effectively deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment.
We are located in East Cannington, a south-eastern suburb 13 kilometres from Perth with approximately 600 students from diverse cultural backgrounds, from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are well resourced and have numerous additional programs to support the needs of all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gibbs Street Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Fendrich, Principal, by telephoning 0419 954 893 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.