Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS799876
Do you want to be part of a professional team and are ready to take on new challenges?
Duncraig Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year up to the end of Term 4, 2023. Placements can be made from this pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2023.
Suitable applicants will provide key liaison and effective support in the co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer-focused services within the school. Together with exemplary customer service, applicants will need to work well under pressure with the ability to multi task and work effectively within a collaborative and cohesive team environment.
Suitable applicants will ideally have experience with Office 365, SIS database, RM Finance and Billing, SEQTA, QKR, and Connect within a large and diverse school environment.
Duncraig SHS is situated in the north-western suburbs on the coastal strip 18km from Perth. We cater for students from Year 7 to Year 12 and are a school of high standards where the care and progress of every child is our first priority. We continue to improve our resources and facilities through the support of our Board, our parent body and the Education Department. With a growing school population, and a recent announcement of $30.8 million to build additional permanent specialist facilities, Duncraig SHS is a local school of choice.
Our staff are carefully selected for their commitment to the delivery of quality education and for their willingness to adhere to the School values and enhance the traditions. Duncraig SHS is part of a thriving community where students have a voice and regularly return to continue their engagement.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements.
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Duncraig Senior High School can be found by visiting www.duncraigshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Justine Avenell, by telephoning (08) 6241 5400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Justine Avenell on mobile 0435 962 606.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria 1, 3, 4 and 5), in context of the role and business needs of the school
Please note that the Selection Criteria number 2 will be addressed at interview.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED