Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS795917
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Ashdale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their friendly team.
As the successful applicant you will provide information and associated services to teaching staff and students. In addition to this, the Library Officer is responsible for administering library systems which ensure records are up-to-date and, library and school resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times. You will ideally have strong organisational skills, be competent in using computerised systems and have the ability to prioritise work.
Ashdale SC is a distinctive, world class, educational community of excellence where all students are motivated to strive to achieve their best and to realise their potential in a values-rich environment. The focus of the college is on student engagement and wellbeing so that they feel valued at all times. The college measures its effectiveness through the achievement and character of our students and the integral part it plays in the community. A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, teachers, parents and the community is the enduring platform upon which the college is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashdale Secondary College can be found by visiting ashdalesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Jo Pecnik, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6207 1300 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Jo Pecnik on 0467 710 001
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.