Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS795181
Tuart Hill Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistant - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2024.
This pool will also be utilised for positions based at Tuart Hill Primary School as well as the Tuart Hill Community Kindergarten.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher and supporting the general health and wellbeing of students. You will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by organizing equipment, materials and resources for use in classrooms, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
The suitable applicants should have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational setting and the capacity to work collaboratively in a team environment. An understanding of the National Quality Standard and commitment to whole school approaches, self-reflection and continuous self-improvement is advantageous. Proven experience working in an EAL/D school environment and the ability to work across a range of year levels as well as with individual children will be well regarded.
At Tuart Hill PS we strive to ensure that every student is a successful student. All staff are committed to helping students reach their full potential through the development of a curriculum that caters for the needs of individuals as well as groups. Our behaviour and engagement policy and the strategies we employ to teach, manage and engage students ensure the learning environment is safe, welcoming and suitably challenging.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tuart Hill Primary School can be found by visiting tuarthillps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Knight, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 9413 1500 or emailing Andrew.Knight@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.