Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS799971
Cape Naturaliste College (CNC) are seeking enthusiastic and motivated School Officer’s to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available
- (2) x - permanent full-time position/s
All positions will commence (during Term 1, 2023)
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
Successful applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools marketing, financial, physical and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material.
You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date. You will assist with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing. A knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing, Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) and Student Information System (SIS) would be highly regarded.
The successful applicant should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
CNC was established in 2008 after extensive consultation with members of the community and that strong community involvement continues to this day. The College began its journey as a middle school, with a strong belief in the value of teamwork and a spirit of collaboration that has come to pervade the school ethos.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cape Naturaliste College can be found by visiting Cape Naturaliste College or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Maryanne Thumwood, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Vasse, by telephoning (08) 9746 3503 or emailing Maryanne.Thumwood@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.